- Climb Stelvio, Alpe d’Huez, Col du Glandon & Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Galibier, Mont Ventoux and more.
- Ride the famous Lake Trio – Lake Maggiore, Lake Lugano and Lake Como.
- Visit the Ghisallo Cycling Museum, famous for its history of the Giro d’Italia
- 6 nights in a boutique bike friendly hotel in Varese, Italy
- 6 nights in a private chalet in the French Alps. Enjoy breakfast and dinner cooked by our own tour chef.
- Carefully planned riding routes for your enjoyment and safety
- Enjoy riding in a friendly environment, led by our passionate experienced ride staff.
- This is your holiday, you can ride as much or as little as you want. All rides are tailored to the ability of the group.
- All riders have their own room and privacy
- All rides are fully supported to ensure your comfort and safety
- This is your holiday, you can ride as much or as little as you want.
- All rides are tailored to the ability of the group.
Varese is a province marked by water, valleys and castles and is an exemplar of harmony between man and nature.
Thanks to its strategic position between pre-alpine lakes and mountains, the area around Varese offers enchanting scenery and provides perfect access points to explore the surrounding lakes – Maggiore, Lugano and Como.
The landscape is known for its dramatic scenery; breath-taking views off beautiful villas which are spotted along the lakeside and set against the majestic backdrop of the Alps. If you’re lucky you might even spot professional European riders on training rides.
Ride the Madonna del Ghisallo, the climb has been the decisive stage in some of the most renowned races in the history of cycling: from the Giro d’Italia to the Giro di Lombardia, to the Coppa Agostini and the Giornata della Bicicletta. Thousands of cycling enthusiasts ride up to the Ghisallo each year to experience the spectacular views and the famous Ghisallo Cycling Museum.
Varese is just an hour train trip from Milan, should you wish to explore the metropolis in Italy’s Northman Lombardy Region, well known for fashion and design.
Varese offers such fantastic riding that it has been named the home of 2018 UCI Grand Fondo World Championships.
Accommodation: You’ll be staying at a boutique eighteenth century mansion with private gardens. This charming hotel has been beautifully restored to preserve the original stone and bricks and offers an amazing mixture of ancient and modern design. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the historic village of Varese, with great dining and shopping for your enjoyment.
L’Oisans is a region in the French Alps and is considered the destination for bike enthusiast. It is home to a cluster of famous climbs including Alpe d’Huez, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Galibier and many more.
You’ll be staying in the quaint village of Le Borg d’Arud surrounded on all sides by magnificent Alps. Your Chalet is 100m walk from a popular gondola that takes you up to the lively ski village – Les Deux Alpes, where you’ll not only see road riders and mountain bikers but skiers and snowboarders in the heat of summer heading up to glaciers high above.
Accommodation: Enjoy the comfort of our own private Chalet. Enjoy breakfast and a three-course dinner cooked by or very own tour chef. Revitalise the legs in the ice melted river that flows through the village or sip on a quite beverage at the local watering hole.
- 12 nights’ accommodation
- Private room (single occupancy)
- Airport transfers (pick-up Milan, return from Geneva)
- Welcome & Farewell Dinner
- Breakfast Daily, 7 Dinners
- Private Chef in the French Alps (Breakfast & Dinner Daily)
- Rider Support Vehicle
- Daily rider nutrition and refreshments from the support van
- Fulltime bicycle mechanic
- Experienced and passionate guides
- Laundry Service
- Travel Insurance (a compulsory requirement which must be organised by you)
- Meals & Beverages not indicated in the itinerary
$ 8,299 AUD per person in private rooms. (For couples or individuals who wish to share a room the cost is $7,599 per person.)
A $500 AUD deposit is required to secure your spot. The remaining balance is payable before 1 April 2019.
We understand that from time to time plans can change so a full refund will be given for cancellations prior to 1 March 2019.
This tour requires minimum 6 riders.
View the full Booking Terms & Conditions.